Leaked Photos Of The 2nd Gen Moto 360
Reports are coming in from 9to5Google and other tech blogs about new leaked photos of the upcoming 2nd generation Moto 360. One user on Reddit saw one in the wild in Chicago, which happens to be the location of Motorola’s U.S. headquarters:
New Lugs Means More Aftermarket Straps
These two versions that were spotted in the wild appear to be in line with another leak of the case of the Moto 360. Another user on Reddit who claims to work for Truffol posted these images of just the case along with size and dimensions:
Original Moto 360 vs 2nd Gen Moto 360
From the leaked photos we have seen recently, it tells us a few things about the differences between the 1st Gen Moto 360 and the new upcoming next-gen model:
- Inclusion of external lugs, to accommodate all types of 22mm aftermarket bands. Lugs to work with all 22mm watch bands. This is a big improvement from the first watch which only had a few specific compatible straps and was prone to cracked backs
- Material: Stainless Steel, bead-blasted finish. Appears to be thicker than original Moto 360
- The single Button got moved up to 2 o'clock area instead of 3 o'clock. This could be for ergonomics reasons, and easier for left handed wearers.
- The Microphone hole is on the left
- Bezels seem a tad thicker than 1st generation. Diameter: ~45.5mm
Find the Original Moto 360 on Amazon - $143 w/ Prime!